Thursday, May 5, 2011

Experimenting with Lighting

When we were out yesterday, there were a lot of weird lighting situations.  I tried to take pictures of the girls, but really, I was experimenting with lighting more than anything.

First off, Weazy in the middle of the grass with no shade.  The sun was coming in on the left side of these pictures, so there are some harsh shadows on the right side of her face.
 I tried moving over a little bit so she would be facing the sun more directly, but that still didn't work.

 Then, HALLELUJAH!  The clouds covered the sun for a brief moment, and the lighting was more or less even across her face.

 When it was Courtney's turn, I made her stand under a tree for the shade, which worked pretty well.


 The she sat on the grass where there was a little bit of shade from the big tree and the lighting here was best of all.  I think it's because she's looking up at me (I was standing over her to get this shot) and more toward the sun.  She's squinting a bit, but I think it still turned out nice.

No comments: