Thursday, September 22, 2011

Apple Orchard part 2

I love the gift shops in apple orchards.  So many cute, kitschy things!

Apple Orchard 2011 109
I seriously love this pillow

Apple Orchard 2011 110
Weazy wanted this little watering can... too cute!
 Apple Orchard 2011 111 Apple Orchard 2011 112 Apple Orchard 2011 113 Apple Orchard 2011 114
While we were in the gift shop, one of the ladies stopped us and asked if we wanted a tractor ride. Apparently, there was a group that had scheduled one but didn't show up, so the tractor-driving guy had shown up for nothing. We were really the only people there, so they asked us, even though they normally only do tractor rides on the weekends. We agreed right away, and piled on to the trailer hitched up to the big green tractor that Lester drove around the orchard. We decided Lester was pretty much the coolest guy ever, and we're his #1 fans. Apple Orchard 2011 123

Apple Orchard 2011 126
Kathryn and Lester! ;)


Apple Orchard 2011 125 Apple Orchard 2011 121
We even asked Lester if he'd pose for some pictures with us, and he agreed (though he was very confused as to why we'd want pictures with him...) Apple Orchard 2011 137 Apple Orchard 2011 138

Yep, we love apple orchards.
What is your favorite thing to do at the apple orchard?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. That pillow is awesome.

PrincessR said...

Wow! You take great shots! I love the ones of the people. They are very crisp. :) What kind of lens do you use?

We haven't ever been to an apple orchard! We will have to go sometime. We have pumpkin patches all around, though. :D
~Rebecca

Katrina said...

Rebecca- Thank you! I use a 50mm f/1.8 lens :)

PrincessR said...

Thanks for answering my quetions, Trina Bina! I am in need of a good lens. The lens I use is good, but my pictures never turn out so crisp as yours. *sigh* it is on my to-get list!

How long have you been doing photography?

Katrina said...

No problem! I would definitely recommend that lens, it's great!

Well, I got my DSLR in January, so that's when I really started getting into photography :)